Author Topic: Dreamcast San Francisco Rush 2049 GDI USA-NTSC don't work on USB-GDROM  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Felix

• Email
Hello,

Dreamcast San Francisco Rush 2049 GDI USA-NTSC Version from TOSEC don't work on USB-GDROM but PAL work fine, what could be the problem ?

I wanted to play Exactly GDI USA-NTSC, and keep in the collection

From Redump - Sega - Dreamcast (20160613) GDI USA-NTSC don't work too

Offline Maddog

• Global Moderator
This is most likely an issue with the USB GD-ROM device, not with the disc image.
Disc image boots and is playable in both latest Demul and the quite older NullDC (which are the 2 emulators I have up and running right now).
As per TOSEC rules for verified images, it is also dumped twice, by 2 different dumpers and from different discs.

I would suggest bringing the issue to the attention of whoever makes the USB GD-ROM device, he may like to investigate.

Offline Felix

• Email
The Man who made the USB-GDROM can only advise to recode the image GDI to CDI

Why then the PAL version works fine ?  The images are similar and have 5 track's and (M6) - version ?!

Offline Maddog

• Global Moderator
This is too technical question. Sorry, but I have no idea why USB GD-ROM can't boot this specific dump.
If creator of the device can't troubleshoot the problem, I definitely can't since I don't even own one.
But we can be sufficiently sure it's not the dump itself, for reasons outlined above.

Offline Felix

• Email
I understand, thanks for the answer, I was hoping that the official TOSEC developers might revise their dump