Author Topic: Found Tosec dats from 2003 on my hard drive  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Kodoichi

Found Tosec dats from 2003 on my hard drive
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:06:58 PM »
I see that the earliest archived dats here are from 2005. Does anybody care about my copies? The filename says "_RC" though, so I guess they're specifically for RomCenter. If no one needs them, I'll delete them because I really don't need to be a digital hoarder.

Offline PandMonium

• Administrator
Re: Found Tosec dats from 2003 on my hard drive
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
Hey @Kodoichi

I would like to have them and any other versions you can find. Can you please send me?
Many of the old releases were done using TUGID and TIM tools so I couldn't find these, if you happen to have more please let me know ^^

Offline Grendel

• TOSEC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:45:55 PM »
hmm, seems i missed this topic :)

if needed i could throw together over 2 gigs worth of dats and TIM dev stuff from 2004....

Offline Duncan Twain

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »
Kom maar op, graag!

Offline Grendel

• TOSEC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 08:55:28 PM »
ik zal straks even wat zips online gooien...

Offline Grendel

• TOSEC Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:06 PM »
here goes...

the rars contain back-ups from my work folders, the TIM work dirs which were used for testing and releasing, site back-ups including release db's and site db's and probably a lot of junk which was important back in 2004/05/06 but not anymore :)

I probably also have copies of dats going back to 1999/2000, but those are stored on drives which are no longer in use so i'd have to build a seperate pc to hook up those old drives and that's not gonna happen soon  :)

... but maybe i will for the 20th anniversary of this little project thingy I started back in the day when all my hair was still present ;)

Most of the dat packs back then were hosted from the tosec.org server btw; TOSEC releases were generating a lot of bandwith use back then so most of the sites directly linked to our server in stead of hosting the files themselves.

And with the Great Server Crash of 2003 a lot of the old dats died...(which is why it's difficult to find old dats floating around outside of personal collections...)

<links removed>
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:07:29 PM by PandMonium »

Offline PandMonium

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 12:42:42 AM »
Hey @Grendel ! Thanks a lot, everything you named is valuable and most of all it is good to see you around here again :-)

@Duncan Twain I actually came here thinking there was some spammer around, just discovered it is dutch  :D

Offline Grendel

• TOSEC Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »
I've never been really gone; I check in once every so often to see if there are any new developments ;)

Offline PandMonium

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »
Nice to know that! The project keeps going, as our free time permits :)
Already got your files so, if you don't mind, I will edit your post to remove the links as they (might) contain some sensible data from old users.