Author Topic: Spy vs Spy Island Chapter # Atari 8bit - Games - [ATR] (TOSEC-v2022-06-12)  (Read 688 times)

Offline doomwarrior

• Email
The game entries are odd to me. What i have found out:

Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[cr N.A.P.O.]
I'm fine with this one

Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[cr N.A.P.O.][a]
fine too - difference to the above version: a sector has some data 00h instead of 1Ah. But very likely part of the floppy which isn't used by the game. See next

Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[cr N.A.P.O.][a2]
imho fine too. Same as above but all sectors with 1Ah are left out. Depending on how to apply the rules of dumping a floppy you could argue that this is an underdump or all versions with ~90kB overdumps.

Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)
this is not an unaltered release but is also based on the cracked version by N.A.P.O. Additionally at the end of the dump there is a remark "crumbled graphics fixed by HOMESOFT". Afaik this fixes the title screen graphic glitches. Thus for me the correct naming should be:
Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[cr N.A.P.O.][m HOMESOFT]

Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[h Pipeline BBS]
this is also based on the N.A.P.O.-version, but has another loading screen by BBS. Thus for me the correct naming should be:
Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[cr N.A.P.O.][h Pipeline BBS]

Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[cr Unerring Master][k-file]
Spy vs Spy - The Island Caper (1985)(First Star Software)(US)[cr Unerring Master][a][k-file]
imho fine

Additionally http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-spy-vs-spy-ii_4957.html has another ATR file not added to TOSEC yet.
Which looks imho unaltered to the original file without the glitchy title screen. But if you read the ATR the file was also cracked "Cracked by A 2004"

ontop of that i found a "Copy Service Stuttgart"-version from ancient times in my attic. Could not find another source yet :-(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:14:35 PM by doomwarrior »