Author Topic: Naming for Eamon Adventures in Apple II - Games - [DO] (TOSEC-v2022-12-21)  (Read 553 times)

Offline Rutir

• Email
Hi,

I'm not super familiar with TOSEC and what is and isn't considered an error. I noticed while getting together the Eamon Adventures for the Apple II, there were a few misnumbered adventures in the DO Apple II dat file. There's about 30 or so, and I wasn't sure if this was an error, or if it has something to do with historical dumps and keeping the name even if incorrect based on content. Anyway I compiled a list of the current names of the DO files and the 'correct' (assuming the current number isn't 'correct' in a TOSEC context for a reason unknown to me). I attached a txt comma delimited  just in case anyone is interested. Just wanted to ask if these would be considered incorrect, and if not why so I would know going forward. Also if there is anything I can do to help fix this let me know, assuming it needs fixing. Sorry if this is a dumb question.  :-X

Offline mictlantecuhtle

• Global Moderator
Re: Naming for Eamon Adventures in Apple II - Games - [DO] (TOSEC-v2022-12-21)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 10:59:19 AM »
Hi, thanks so much for your contribution! It's been a while since I looked at the Eamon stuff so I can't remember exactly my process - I think I pulled the numberings from lists at https://www.eamonag.org/ but may have been somewhere else.

I'm in the process of making some larger-scale changes to the Apple II DATs but once I've sorted that out I'll take a look at your fixes and integrate them.

Really appreciate this, if you have any more feedback or fixes please let me know - it's a massive set of software and I'm sure there are mistakes elsewhere as well!