Author Topic: Amiga renaming suggestions  (Read 54849 times)

Offline Maddog

• Global Moderator
Re: Amiga renaming suggestions
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2019, 07:57:57 AM »
Amiga-specific corrections may be better reported in the EAB forum...
http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Crashdisk and Mai who are making the Amiga dats nowadays don't frequent Tosecdev forum much and I don't know if they have seen the reports at all.
In any case, if I see them around, I will let them know.

Offline Kodoichi

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2019, 07:39:54 AM »
I think we already had that discussion:

EAB is a toxic community of white conservative guys who make fun of minorities. It's a shame that people believe it to be the go-to source for everything Amiga. Tosecdev.org is the official website for Tosec. If Crashdisk and Mai don't follow the content on here, I'd say there's something wrong within the internal communication for this project.

I will continue to use Tosecdev as the one and only official source for Tosec-related things and don't understand why you would outsource it elsewhere.

Offline Maddog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2019, 08:01:18 AM »
If you had that discussion in the past, it was not with me.
I have no opinion about EAB, since I was never a member there.
My suggestion on "outsourcing" was based on the current reality of the project. Usually Amiga datters pop in to TOSECDEV quite infrequently and of course it would be absurd to ask them to visit regularly.

In any case, it's understandable that you may not want to go there for whatever reason. Your posts and reports are welcome here and I do hope they get applied to the dats eventually.

Offline Retroplay

« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »
EAB is a toxic community of white conservative guys who make fun of minorities.

Wait, what ?  :o
I've been an active member there for 15 years and honestly don't recollect anything like that.

Offline Kodoichi

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2021, 07:48:58 PM »
Super Cauldron (1993)(Titus)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr PDX][t +26 UP]

= Super Cauldron [t +26 UP] & Crazy Cars III (demo-playable)(1993-04-24)(Paradox)[Super Cauldron only]

I guess this belongs into the games compilations database. After the cracktro it shows text that mentions a compilation of Super Cauldron and Crazy Cars III, but then a trainer pops right up and Super Cauldron is loaded, leaving no time to choose which game to play. I'm confused why Super Cauldron wasn't "compacted" and "one-disked" though. Never saw a game compilation requiring two disks.

I've been an active member there for 15 years and honestly don't recollect anything like that.
I remember there was a guy cracking "jokes" about homosexuals and admins cheering him on, as well as others making "jokes" about people with disabilities. Being stuck in 80s retrogaming is harmless, having a backwards mindset and not accepting diversity is inexcusable.

Offline Crashdisk

• TOSEC Member
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2021, 08:17:05 AM »
Hi Kodoichi,

I haven't seen this kind of talk and I doubt they're still online. EAB is a grouping of the Amiga community from different origins and if there are any misconduct, they are reported and moderated. Many users have been banned for bad behaviour like you describe and moderators have also been demoted for bad comments. The appearance of sometimes toxic people on EAB is human nature and today's moderators are willing to fight against them. What saves Tosecdev is that there is almost nobody...

Small return on past proposals:

Khalaan (1990)(Rainbow Arts)(Disk 1 of 2)[h SCX] - Bad disk.
Fixed

> 1000 Miglia (1992)(Simulmondo)(en-it)[cr Goonies][t +1 Goonies][b crack - rootblock]
= 1000 Miglia (1992)(Simulmondo)(en-it)[cr Goonies][t +1 Goonies][b crack - bootblock]
No error! Rootblock and bootblock are two different things but I understand that this technical aspect can be confusing

(note the lowercase, all other files of this game have that error)
No TNC error, it's a style effect.For the next release, I will make corrections based on GPO-based writing convention

The Warlock(s) error still persists in lots of entries
Fixed..again ;-)

> Amiga-Magazin-PD 92-11 (1992)(Markt & Technik)(DE)(1 of y)[WB]
= Amiga-Magazin-PD 92-11 (1992)(Markt & Technik)(DE)(1 of x)[WB]
No real error, The notation (disk x of y) is TNC compliant. I prefer a fix based on the real number of disks.

Super Cauldron (1993)(Titus)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr PDX][t +26 UP]
= Super Cauldron [t +26 UP] & Crazy Cars III (demo-playable)(1993-04-24)(Paradox)[Super Cauldron only]
Including a demo in a full game does not make it a compilation. Your proposal is also wrong by the fact that the presence of the demo is not the work of Paradox but of Titus himself.

Offline Kodoichi

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2022, 09:09:54 AM »
Kick Off 2 (1990)(Anco)[cr OCL][tr tr Mr. XX - Mr. Too]

Either this is an error or something I don't understand.

Offline Crashdisk

• TOSEC Member
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2022, 04:25:31 PM »
Hi Kodoichi,
it was indeed a mistake and it is now corrected.
Thank you